The Chicago, North Shore & Milwaukee or North Shore line was formed by Insull in 1916 through the consolidation of several other railroads. As the name suggests, it connected Chicago with Milwaukee, providing both rapid passenger service and freight service to local businesses.
All but the last of today’s blotters feature paintings by Gil Elvgren.
As revealed by the blotter shown below, for some reason George Sisk stopped being the agent for the North Shore in 1951, but the company continued to operate until 1963. The painting is by Edward D’Ancona.